Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nostalgia

Well,it's been a while +cough3monthscough+ since I've put up a proper post.You can probably guess the reasons.SPM,procrastination,laziness,etc.Mostly due to laziness.Without further ado,i'll just update a little bit about what's been going on.

29th November - 4th December

LLC (LEO Leadership Camp 2008)

Yeah,it's the camp that I was supposed to blog about but failed to last year.It's the camp that I miss so much even till this day.It was a camp that brought me great memories that will probably linger in my mind forever.It's that awesome of a camp.And this year was no exception.It was a different experience,being part of the committee.The responsibility you bear is much greater,what with the lives of 46 people in your hands.And of course not forgetting the maximum of 4 hours sleep we get every night.Still,it was worth it.

The experience was...nostalgic,to say the least.When I stepped onto the grounds of Kem Bina Semangat,a plethora of familiar memories rushed into my mind.It felt weird being back there,seeing everything just the way it was.Well,almost everything.

The people were different this time.Different participants,different committees,different facilitators.But I guess that's what makes going to LLC again that much more exciting.

At first,I went as someone with no particular goal in mind.You know,just helping out and having fun.But then,slowly,I started to realise something.I think I was actually there to help the participants have a wonderful time just like I did last year.

When I saw them having fun,saw them working hard together,it gave me an undescribable feeling.A really perplexing yet nice feeling.

LLC isn't just about learning leadership skills imo.It's a place where you get to discover new things.Wether it is about yourself,the people around you or the way life works sometimes.

Even as a second-timer,I learned new things.I believe it's a different experience each time,and new lessons are taught.For example,I learned that it's okay to do your business in the jungle (haha,sorry jack) and it's actually possible to see shooting stars in Malaysia.LLC is like a teacher with a vast amount of knowledge to impart to each and every one of us.

That's about all I'm writing about LLC.All in all,it was (sorry Lion Clayton,my vocab really is bad) awesome and I wouldn't mind going again next year.

Oh,yeah,and I also learned that my skin actually has the potential to turn as dark as an Indian's.(no offense)

Next up is LEO Christmas Charity Bazaar.It's pretty much a bazaar where we sell miscellaneous stuff to fund some orphanages.Our barang-barang include stuffed toys,stationaries,WWF stuff,etc.So for whoever that reads this,if you've got the time,just drop by and maybe do a good deed this christmas.You don't have to buy things from our store.You can even donate things to the orphans.We have a christmas tree chock full (well,not anymore) of names of the orphans.You can choose one of the names from the tree and donate something to him/her.Donations of cash are also accepted.

Before you start asking,"Why should I help them?I've got better things to spend my money on,like christmas gifits",think about the orphans who don't have anyone to spend christmas with them!Think about how priviledged we are to be able to sing Christmas carols without a care in the world and exchange gifts with our relatives.Wouldn't you want to spread that priviledge?Then again,it's up to you,nobody is forcing you.Or are we? >)

LEO Christmas Charity Bazaar

Venue:Subang Parade,in front of Uncle Lim's (you can go shopping afterwards!)

Date:12th,13th and 14th of December 2008

Time:10 am-10 pm

            

Be there,or be square.(because i'll be stuffing a spongebob doll down your throat)

Okay,time to go...think.

                                                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments: